Companies providing various services are often concerned about how they can protect information about their customers from third parties. Indeed, often the documentation is in cloud storage, from where an interested employee of the company can easily remove it. This is where virtual data rooms come to the rescue. They guarantee powerful protection and comfortable work for any area.
Virtual Data Room VS Enterprise Cloud Storage
Often, even big business players don’t understand why they should choose a virtual data room over standard cloud storage. After all, these services are very similar to each other. However, there are several features connected with which vdr software benefits significantly.
- With cloud storage, you don’t control access to a document once it’s been shared. Usually, when you grant access to a file, you can (relatively speaking) say goodbye to it. But unfortunately, its fate is now in the hands of a third party.
- Project work with temporary access is not possible to incorporate cloud storage. VDR technology helps to organize project work better. Now you don’t have to worry that the information will be transferred to third parties after the work is completed – the data for project workers will be permanently closed.
- Employees will not see the data of the company whom you “do not trust.” Each enterprise has such a category of employees who risk possible data leakage. These are lower-level personnel and those who are subject to staff turnover.
- You can check the decency of the performer when it comes to the development industry. Thanks to VDR settings, you can ensure that your code stays with you and is not shared with third parties.
Virtual data rooms have additional data protection tools, additional user authentication settings, and flexible role settings. But, no, even a corporate cloud service cannot open such opportunities to users.
Who can benefit from virtual data rooms?
This technology is becoming more and more enjoyable to different user groups every year. At first, large businesses mainly bought secure virtual data rooms. This is because they needed it for big deals. However, later small companies discovered the benefits of VDR technology.
Now VDR is being used by enterprises engaged in industry and manufacturing, financial institutions, software development companies, construction, and design companies, etc. Everyone is looking for ways to protect their own and their customers’ data.
Critical points in choosing a virtual data room
When choosing a VDR, you need to be careful. Good service meets the following criteria:
- Ease of use. Neither you nor your company’s employees should experience any difficulties while working with the virtual data room. Its interface should be simple, straightforward, and intuitive.
- Role assignment flexibility. Ask your service provider how many file access levels you can assign. After all, you will need some employees to be able to edit information, some to only look, and some could not see certain documents at all.
- Availability of quality certificates. Certification says that the program has all the necessary levels of data protection.
Feel free to ask your service provider about a demo version – at least a month of the trial period will help you decide on the choice of program.